Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Where have I been? I guess I fell into a black hole of grad school papers and projects. However, I’m back for my seven followers (maybe just six now) and I’m here to post just for the holiday. Because nothing says “Irish” like a new foundation from Japan. For reals, I received a sample and I wanted to talk about it.
I just started freelancing for Shiseido, and I was excited to try a sample of their newest foundation, Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20.
This is a lightweight, oil-free foundation which “harmonizes” with your skin. Oh and it’s also long wearing.
Let’s see it in action:
*Note: In the picture on the right, I added their stick concealer. It’s similar to the amazing concealer from their sister company, Cle de Peau, but it costs much less.
Btw, my foundation shade is the third shade level in neutral. It also comes in a rose and warm undertone.
Pros and Cons:
- Did NOT break me out. No bumps, no tumor zits. Nada. Amen
- Long lasting. This wore well until the time I took it off. A little shine started on the forehead and nose by the 7th hour.
- No primer necessary. But honestly, I’m not one to use primer anyway.
- This is going to be your holy grail foundation for the summer. I really hate that expression but I must call it as it is.
- Price is 45 dollars, but a little goes a long way. It is long lasting too. Seems like you get your money’s worth.
- Some more shade options would be nice for deeper skin tones.
Let’s see how it looked at the end of the day:
As you can see, humidity is starting to happen here in New Jersey. Hence the Jersey curls. Current look: Simba’s angry.
The verdict: Get this foundation. Get it no matter if you are oily, combo, or dry. It’s for all skin types and let’s be real, we all sweat in the summer so this is a perfect fit for that.
Till next time…